Benefits of Ameriplan’s® Chiropractic Care
According to a survey published in the Journal of the American MedicalAssociation in 1998, approximately 11% of the population has visited achiropractor within the last year. Considering the number of people inthe United State this equates to more than 31 million people who use achiropractor every single year.(1) This information is not surprisingconsidering statistics which indicate that nearly 80% of people sufferfrom back pain at some time in their lives.(1)
Although medical and health care costs have often seemed to outpaceinflation, in recent years increases in the cost of medical treatmentand prescription drugs seem to be soaring out of control. To containthese costs, discount plans such as Ameriplan® USA offer a network ofchiropractic providers. They connect the providers with a large numberof consumers and get the lower rate for services. It is no wonder manypeople suffering from back pain, headaches, joint pain, carpal tunnelsyndrome,and more are searching for a safe and effective supplement toother types of medical treatment. In fact, the Agency for Health CarePolicy and Research, an organization of the federal government, has evenrecommended that those with low back pain choose conservative treatmentfirst. The agency recommended spinal manipulation as the only safe andeffective drug free form of initial treatment for acute low backproblems in adults.(2)
Chiropractic care has been around for thousands of years but within thelast twenty years or so has really begun to gain widespread recognitionand acceptance among the medical community. Chiropractic treatmentutilizes natural methods of health care and does not treat usingpharmaceuticals or surgical procedures. Chiropractic procedures includemanipulation of the articulations and adjacent tissues of the body with afocus on the spine.(3) (http://www.drcraighayes.com/bradhayes/chiropracticfaq.asp)
A few of the benefits of Chiropractic treatment include:
1. Conservative treatment without drugs or invasive surgical procedures.
2. The ability to treat a variety of conditions including: headaches.Neck pain, low back pain, joint pain, sciatica, spinal disk conditions,tendonitis, strains and sprain. In addition, Doctors of Chiropractic aretrained to treat a variety of other conditions including: allergies,asthma, digestive disorders, and otitis media. (1)
3. Chiropractic physicians are now considered to be physicians underMedicare and in most States and thus treat with such will likely becovered under most health insurance plans.
4. Chiropractic treatments for low back conditions often costconsiderably less than traditional treatments involving medications orinvasive surgical procedures.
If you are looking for an effective, safe alternative to or supplementto traditional pharmacological or invasive medicine for back pain orother health conditions then maybe chiropractic treatment will be rightfor you. Of course, you should always consult with your personalphysician before taking any health action. For more information aboutchiropractic treatment you can contact the Federation of ChiropracticLicensing Boards (FCLB) for more information at 970-356-3500. Theirwebsite is located at http://www.fclb.org.
1. http://www.amerchiro.org American Chiropractic Association
2. Bigos S, Bowyer O, Braen G, et al. Acute Low Back Problems in Adults.Clinical Practice Guideline No. 14. AHCPR Publication No. 95-0642.Rockville, MD: Agency for Health Care Policy and Research, Public HealthService, U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, December, 1994.